Wednesday, October 14, 2009

*Alice*

"Alice and the Caterpillar" are on their way to California...
I designed and stitched the base at my mom's over the weekend. I think it completes it....gives Alice something to stand on.......
The text embroidered on the base is about Alice's comment that "three inches is such a wretched height to be" and the Caterpillar tells her that "It is a very good height indeed," since he is exactly three inches tall.
Alice tries to talk to him.....to get his attention......
Here's an idea of the detail in the hookah and all those legs! The yellow eyes were a last minute addition...
I love looking "under the mushroom".....tiny blossoms nestled there between the words....

2 comments:

  1. Jone - it's gorgeous! I'm still stuck on flowers but look at you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Jone how are you?? how are things??

    ReplyDelete