Wednesday, December 2, 2009

hand-stitching

I have been stitching on this pillow for my cousin whose birthday was in late September. So many things have happened to distract my work on it, but I took it with me to California to show to her and I worked on it the whole time. I think that it is coming along beautifully...
I adore hand-stitching........makes me think about the friends I made in France last summer. I could just spend hours on end sitting in a room with them, sewing away...

..so we are all going to meet in France again next  summer....... can't wait!

5 comments:

  1. I really like this piece. I have told myself I want to work on hand stiching letters since France. Now I think I might get the oomph to actually start. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you like it. ... don't forget to show your progress,
    Let me know if you have any questions about it...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting on my blog about the Lisa Hannigan CD - I have it now - and I really appreciate your taking the time to bother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much love in this stitching!
    I think about France EVERY day!
    Love
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmm totally lovely...cannot wait to share all my typography books with you...Fran and I have just bought another hand lettering book with the most wonderful examples of words created by hand. Wish I had the patience or the calmness of spirit to sit down and do some hand stitching....
    love Danielle

    ReplyDelete