Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Spring Project

Every quarter, I do a "Kids' Page" for "Tumbleweeds Magazine," a newspaper here in town.
It usually has an art or craft project of some sort for kids of all ages to do.
This spring issue will have the following project - NEST!

I have developed a woven nest for kids to make and these are photos of the prototypes - using pipe cleaners and hemp twine...I think they look pretty cool...

This is a close-up (above) of the pipe cleaner nests....
And below is the combo nest - pipe cleaners and twine.
I love this view of the bottom of the twine nest...looks like a neat little basket.
I have to write out the directions today, but I will post them later on.
Have a good day!

1 comment:

  1. Those baskets are cool. Maybe I will try something like that with my kiddos. Love the hearts below too.

    ReplyDelete