Saturday, October 15, 2011

PAINT OUT

On Canyon Road in Santa Fe, there are LOTS of galleries. It is amazing the amount of art in this city. Today was the Annual Paint Out where artists make art "live" outside, in front of the galleries where they show their work. I was invited by my friend, Shawna, who has CURIOSA, to sit out front and make my art.....so I did.

So odd to see photos of myself since I am usually the one behind the camera.
This is one of the new items I worked on today. I have started to cut up beautiful beer cans that we find at Trader Joe's.....the colors and patterns are FAB! (see the little green leaves around the nest)
Here is my very messy table, though you can see the blue & white harlequin designed cans for Oktoberfest Beer....yummy! Below are the little discs that I have cut from them that will eventually become flowers on the wire skirt of papier-mache figure...can't wait to how they turn out.
fun, aren't they?

4 comments:

  1. Sitting in the sun making art,
    maybe drinking some of that yummy beer to!?
    Couldn´t be better, could it!`?
    Love the combination of tin and papier mache!
    Take care
    XX
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very intriguing. I can't wait to find out how they come out either. I think I may have to see if we have those beer cans at our TJ so I can use the tin for some jewelry pieces. Hmm wonder what to do with the beer. Post your creations please when completed. Looks like it was a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taylor, I have a feeling that you will not find the beer cans that I showed because they are made by Santa Fe Brewing Company and may just be local. I might be able to send you some, though (my hubby will drink the beer!)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh you look fab and your working table looks fab too....and the sun is shining!
    wish I was there with you
    xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete